- Chartpack Blender Pen
- Burnisher (or spoon)
- Masking tape (1" or 1/2")
- Photographs or line art with strong contrast
- Selection of papers to which you will transfer the images (try different colours, textures, fibres)
- Make mirror-image photocopies of your selected images; can be b&w or
colour, although some colour copies will not work.
- Tape the paper (or other medium) onto which you will transfer your image
to a flat, smooth surface.
- Position the photocopy face down on your paper, and tape at one edge.
- With the blender pen, wet about 1" square on your image; it will become
- With the burnisher (or back of a spoon), rub the wet area to transfer
- Carefully lift the photocopy to make sure you are getting a good impression;
you may need to vary the pressure you're using with the burnisher.
- Continue transferring the image 1" at a time, until the entire image
has been transferred.
- Hand colouring
- Tracing part of the image onto coloured paper, gluing it to your paper ahead of time, and transferring the image on top
- Transfer onto another piece of art (mixed media)